A pioneer in the field of operational oceanography, our work contributes to improving models and further developing operational systems.
- Design and development of operational ocean forecast systems
- Coupling sediment dynamics and biogeochemistry
- Internal wave modelling
- Oceanographic radar measurements and data processing
Operational sea surface current, sea state and wind direction measurement system using HF radar
SHOM, Iroise Sea, since 2006
- Design, implementation and maintenance of a pair of oceanographic radars.
- Qualification of radar measurements with in situ measurements.
- Development of services using these measurements.
Development and maintenance of sea state modelling software
SHOM, Global Ocean, 2008-2014
- Design and development of an operational sea state forecasting system.
- Improvement of the system to characterize breaking waves.
Development of a sediment transport module coupled with an ocean model
SHOM, English Channel, Bay of Biscay, 2015-2016
- Design and development of a sediment transport module reproducing bed-loading, erosion and deposition phenomena.
- Function tests on schematic and realistic models.
Development of a coupling between a biogeochemical and an ocean models
SHOM, English Channel, Bay of Biscay, 2016-2019
- Requirement of the coupling.
- Configuration of the biogeochemical model and its coupling.
- Long-term simulations under different forcing conditions and interpretation of the simulation results.